Archive for September, 2012
Tuesday, September 25th, 2012
Hi, I’m Heidi Sunday, a new guest blogger here. I have some ideas about what I will brag about, and I’ve been chomping at the bit to get on here. Soon, I am planning to post a free pattern for the crocheted scarf I am wearing, the “Tranqwool Seaweed” pattern for 1 skein of Passion Nette, dreamed up by Jenni Pfaff at Tranqwool Knitting Provisions in Spencer, NC. Stayed tuned! I am too busy knitting and doing some heavy duty relaxing to finish the pattern right now.
Friday, September 21st, 2012
Happy Friday Folks! I saw this one and fell in love, I think I’ll take a stab at this weekend and I will keep it all for myself! Enjoy this free Wild Triangular Shawl pattern, on me. Feel free to reciprocate at happy hour today….
Pattern F429 back view
F429 Wilde Triangular Scarf PDF
Approx. Measurements: 24” long, 60” wide
5—100G skeins, color: Brown with Tan.
Gauge: 2.5 sts, 3.2 rows= 1” in garter stitch on size 15 needles.
Needles: US Size 15 long circular.
Loosely cast on 14 sts.
Working in garter st (knit every row), increase 1 stitch in the from the edge at beginning of every row by knitting into the front and the back of the st, until you have 30 sts
Then, increase at the beginning and the end of every row until you have 150 sts. Bind off very loosely.
Fringe: Cut 2 strands of yarn, each 20” long. Holding the 2 strands together, fold in half and attach along the edge of the shawl. Repeat this process along every edge of the shawl (but not the bind off edge), spacing the fringe about 1” apart.
Weave in all ends.
©2012 Plymouth Yarn Company. 031212vle
Category Accessories, Design/Patterns, Free Patterns, Happenings, Plymouth Sales Reps, Plymouth Staff, Yarn, Yarn Shops | Tags: Tags: Free Patterns, hand knitting yarn, pattern, Plymouth Yarn, shawl, wilde,
Wednesday, September 19th, 2012
Talk like a pirate day be a favorite here at Plymouth Yarn. Take a look at our Top 10, slightly Plymouth Yarn related, reasons to be a pirate… Aaarrrggghhh!
10. We know right where to pillage for 24k! Here, there is always a Goldrush!
9. Ye get to travel. Think of all the uses ye will get out of that shawl ye made while cruising on those beautiful, blue Caribbean waters!
8. Open Up Davey Jones’ Locker, ye can basically wear whatever ye wish. Pull out that sweater with the uneven sleeves, that scarf that ye made way too long or the socks that didn’t end up looking the same. Nobody will say a word because, well, you’re a Pirate. Dead men tell no tales!
7. Have ye seen our logo?
6. It would give ye an excuse to bring your parrot to work.
5. Ye can use your Encore Worsted scraps to make this Eye Patch free on Ravelry.com.
4. Ye can use your Galway scraps to make a Felted Eye Patch, free on Ravelry.
3. Crocheters will always be prepared since their hooks are always “on hand”
2. Ye can wear these patterns all year round! There’s one for the veteran Seadogs and young lads alike!
And the number one reason to be a pirate…
1. RUM! When ye are a pirate ye are not only allowed to drink rum but ye are expected to! Ye might drop a few stitches or have to rely on your knitting counter to get through your project but nobody will mind. They will just be happy if you don’t steal their boat or make them walk the plank.
Enjoy the rest of Talk Like A Pirate Day. Ahoy Matey!
Category Accessories, Design/Patterns, Free Patterns, Happenings, Magazines, Plymouth Sales Reps, Plymouth Staff, Yarn, Yarn Shops | Tags: Tags: 24k, encore worsted, eye patch, Galway, goldrush, hand knitting, patterns, pirate, Plymouth Yarn, Rum, talk like a pirate day, Yarn,
Monday, September 10th, 2012
“Crochet is alive and well in Minneapolis!” This is evident when you step foot into StevenBe, an elegant yarn workshop located at 3448 Chicago Ave in Minneapolis, MN. Many of you know Steven Berg as the “Glitter Knitter” and his beautiful shop lives up to his reputation with a sparkling chandelier and plush chairs to welcome you. Sit back, grab your hooks and needles and enjoy the lovely mix of animal prints and fine art that adorn the space. Imagine all this while creating your masterpiece with classical music or even a live harp playing in the background. There is lots of great Plymouth Yarn to be had. I think I’m in heaven.
I enjoy speaking to Steven every time he calls. So much so that when I saw this ad in a magazine a couple years back, I had to put it on the wall next to my desk. It reminds me of the rock band pictures I had on my walls as a teenager.
Our Design Director Cia stopped by the shop over the weekend and snapped a couple photos during her visit…..
Plymouth’s Alpaca Puffs, a great addition to any hat or scarf.
So the next time you are in Minneapolis be sure to visit SteveBe and if you happen to be in Rosemount, MN you can visit Steven’s other location, The Yarn Garage and say hi to his mother Christa while you are there!
Category Accessories, Design/Patterns, Happenings, Magazines, Plymouth Sales Reps, Plymouth Staff, Video, Yarn, Yarn Shops | Tags: Tags: crochet, designe, fall knitting, hand knit, knit accessories, knitting, Minneapolis, Minnesota, patterns, Plymouth Yarn, StevenBe, Yarn Garage,