Plymouth Yarn Company Blog

Providing Quality Yarns To Independent Yarn Shops since 1964.
plymouth yarn

Win What You Really Wanted For Mother’s Day

Untitled

My 9 year old son was given the task of picking out my Mother’s Day gift all by himself with his very own money this year, for the first time.  I have to say, he did very well.  I received an array of nail polishes in every shade of blue (my favorite color) imaginable and a beautiful orchid.  He’s growing into a sweet young man, that’s for sure.  I adore and treasure all of the homemade picture frames, pipe cleaner flowers and finger painted works of art from the past years but I think the fact that he really put thought into my gift that made it so very special to me.  I honestly thought I’d end up with a Lego set!

For three lucky ladies out there, we have the gift you really wanted! All you have to do is win it! This beautiful Bio Sesia 5  CROCHET cardigan kit, pattern 2804, comes in so many sizes it will fit and flatter just about every mom.  The luxurious, 100% organic cotton Bio Sesia 5 is super soft with a beautiful drape.  It will be your spring/summer/fall go-to coverup for that night around the fire pit with mommy drinks after the kiddos are asleep!

Would you like a chance to win this kit? Just comment on our blog with the best or “it’s the thought that counts” gift you’ve ever received for Mother’s Day.  Not a mom? You can play too! Tell us the best or worst gift you ever gave your mom/teacher/Grandmom/Aunt.

Colors will vary.  Winner chosen at random on or about May 15th 2015.

28 Comments so far
  1. by Dottie Kalleberg

On May 11, 2015 at 11:01 am

I received the most amazing gift from our son and I can’t imagine how many hours went into producing it. He gave me an hour long video that contained pictures of our family from the time they were all babies to the current date along with pictures of things he knows I enjoy–knitting, butterflies, flowers and gardening, spending time with grandkids, etc,–and he put it to music. I’ll treasure it forever.

2. by Allison

On May 11, 2015 at 11:25 am

Oh, how sweet! These boys sure can take care of their mamas!

3. by kay prideaux

On May 11, 2015 at 1:58 pm

I love Plymouth yarn So many colors and different types of yarn. One of my favorites to knit with.

4. by Patsy Coats

On May 11, 2015 at 3:03 pm

The best gift I ever gave my Mom was a Crepe Myrtle because she wanted one.

5. by Karen

On May 11, 2015 at 3:20 pm

I absolutely love your Plymouth Colorspun yarn. The color combinations are amazing! That’s what I want for Mother’s Day! MORE YARN

6. by Karen

On May 11, 2015 at 3:24 pm

My 17 year old daughter gave me the best gift ever! I was outside talking to my neighbor and she came over and gave me a great big hug and said I love you…..Happy Mother’s Day! Made my day! Didn’t need any presents after that one!

7. by Helen King

On May 11, 2015 at 6:27 pm

The best gifts I have received were the jewelry from my husband and the Mothers globe from my daughter.

8. by Amy Mason

On May 12, 2015 at 9:07 am

I love giving my mom hand made items for mothers day, this year it was a beaded crocheted shawl…

9. by marilyn firestone

On May 12, 2015 at 9:45 am

When my son was 9 years old, he collected all his change, and his father took him to the mall to buy me my mothers day present. I cherished the beautiful leather wallet he presented me, after bringing me breakfast in bed. And now, so many years later,it still warms my heart, even though I now have to rubber band it to keep it closed. A grocery store check out employee, once said to me, even though she was a stranger, “whats the matter, can’t you afford a new wallet?” At first, I was taken aback and then I just smiled at her.How could she know that that scrappy old thing with the rubber band was worth millions to me and gave this mother the best gift ever, forever!

10. by knittingdancer

On May 12, 2015 at 9:59 am

I think the best gift I ever gave my mother was a family bracelet with all of the children and grandchildren’s names and birthstones.

11. by Jessica

On May 12, 2015 at 10:18 am

Hugs from my son. Always the best.

12. by Marge

On May 12, 2015 at 1:35 pm

One year, I opened a shirt/dress box and was shocked and amazed that it was full of DMC floss/thread – dozens and dozens of skeins. My dear sweet husband wrote down all the numbers of the thread I had in my sewing box and took the list to the store. He told the clerks that he wanted to buy every color that I did NOT have!! It took a little convincing that he REALLY wanted them but they came ‘on-board’ and voila – I now own every color made of DMC floss!!! The gift was from all 3 children and of course, my loving husband.

13. by Judi Ames

On May 12, 2015 at 1:42 pm

the best gift I’ve ever gotten for Mother’s Day was my family giving me the day off and my husband cooking me my favorite meal for dinner…of course, I now have the cleanup… ^_^

14. by Judith Hinsch

On May 12, 2015 at 11:19 pm

My favorite surprise gift was an extra day of vacation so I could see my sister and her new baby. Best present ever.

15. by asteride

On May 13, 2015 at 9:36 am

I received last year a wonderful triple gift from my three daughters: breakfast in bed with a handmade card, a set of flowery rings and an elegant top with sequins they chose for me. So sweet!

16. by Penny Gold

On May 13, 2015 at 7:24 pm

I still remember getting my mother a bracelet with orange and yellow plastic flowers. I thought it was so beautiful. I don’t think she ever wore it, and we joked about it years later.

17. by Daisy

On May 15, 2015 at 7:40 am

I gave my mom my first scarf in the round… that ended up becoming an infinity because I twisted! :)

18. by Kristin Goodson

On May 15, 2015 at 9:01 am

The best gift I got was a plant my son planted while at church. He was only 2 at the time so I know the nursery workers did most of the work :) He was so proud of it though and always brought it to me when we were playing outside.

19. by Diana K

On May 15, 2015 at 9:24 am

The best gift I received was from my own mom. The Mother’s Day after my dad passed away, she gave me a framed photo of she and dad when they were dating. She also gave me the dress she was wearing in the photo. And yes, I cried like a baby when she gave them both to me!

20. by Virginia Smith

On May 15, 2015 at 10:48 am

The best I’ve received was having my two sons (who live in different parts of the country) and their families together in one place.

21. by Fran Ragnone

On May 15, 2015 at 8:16 pm

My best Mother’s Day going out with my children for breakfast and spending the day with them.

22. by Meg

On May 15, 2015 at 10:13 pm

The best one I’ve given was a hand knit shawl!

23. by Allison

On May 18, 2015 at 8:03 am

Hi Karen, You are a winner! Check your email for details on claiming your prize!

24. by Allison

On May 18, 2015 at 8:03 am

Hi Jessica, You are a winner! Check your email for details on claiming your prize!

25. by Allison

On May 18, 2015 at 8:04 am

Hi Daisy, You are a winner! Check your email for details on claiming your prize!

26. by Karen

On May 18, 2015 at 2:15 pm

Hi Allison,

Thank you so much. You made my DAY! It was a pleasure speaking to you today and I am so LOOKING forward to receiving my Kit! I love your yarn. So smooth and easy to knit with!!!!!!

27. by nikki wilkinson

On September 15, 2015 at 5:07 pm

last year my son shawn went on line and found five large boxes of yarn on sale but privately owned and drove to get them for me knowing that I love to crochet. He ended up with two flat tires and I had to go and bring him a tire.Ha! I thought it was the sweetestgift ever.

28. by nikki wilkinson

On September 15, 2015 at 5:09 pm

my son got two flat tires to get me a lot of yarn last year . best gift ever

28 Responses to “Win What You Really Wanted For Mother’s Day”

By submitting a comment here you grant Plymouth Yarn Blog a perpetual license to reproduce your words and name/web site in attribution. Inappropriate comments will be removed at admin's discretion.