Tuesday, October 2nd, 2012
We are so excited for this great issue of Knit Simple 2012 Holiday Gifts Issue, chocked full of great holiday gifts. Available on newsstands today!
Photographs by Paul Amato for LVARepresents.com; Rose Callahan; Jack Deutsch and Marcus Tullis
Designer: Mari Lynn Patrick
For sizes: X-Small (Small, Medium, Large)
Yarn Information: Plymouth Yarn Company Worsted Merino Superwash
Amounts: 3 (4, 4, 4) hanks in #43 teal green
Hot Water Bottle Cozy
Designer: Annabelle Speer
For sizes: One size
Yarn Information: Plymouth Yarn Company Encore Worsted Tweed
Amounts: 2 skeins in #1237 Oatmeal
Designer: Mary Beth Temple
For sizes: 43 x 43″
Yarn Information: Plymouth Yarn Company Galway Worsted
Amounts: 5 skeins in #722 oatmeal, 3 skeins in #750 green heather, 1 skein in #756 gold heather
Designer: Vanessa Putt
For sizes: One size
Yarn Information: Plymouth Yarn Company Gold Rush
Amounts: 1 cone each in #36 blue and #5 silver
Category Accessories, Design/Patterns, Free Patterns, Happenings, Magazines, Plymouth Sales Reps, Plymouth Staff, Yarn, Yarn Shops | Tags: Tags: christmas, Encore Worsted Tweed, Galway, goldrush, hand knitting, holiday gifts, Knit Simple 2012, knitting, plymouth yarn company, worsted merino superwash,
Wednesday, September 19th, 2012
Talk like a pirate day be a favorite here at Plymouth Yarn. Take a look at our Top 10, slightly Plymouth Yarn related, reasons to be a pirate… Aaarrrggghhh!
10. We know right where to pillage for 24k! Here, there is always a Goldrush!
9. Ye get to travel. Think of all the uses ye will get out of that shawl ye made while cruising on those beautiful, blue Caribbean waters!
8. Open Up Davey Jones’ Locker, ye can basically wear whatever ye wish. Pull out that sweater with the uneven sleeves, that scarf that ye made way too long or the socks that didn’t end up looking the same. Nobody will say a word because, well, you’re a Pirate. Dead men tell no tales!
7. Have ye seen our logo?
6. It would give ye an excuse to bring your parrot to work.
5. Ye can use your Encore Worsted scraps to make this Eye Patch free on Ravelry.com.
4. Ye can use your Galway scraps to make a Felted Eye Patch, free on Ravelry.
3. Crocheters will always be prepared since their hooks are always “on hand”
2. Ye can wear these patterns all year round! There’s one for the veteran Seadogs and young lads alike!
And the number one reason to be a pirate…
1. RUM! When ye are a pirate ye are not only allowed to drink rum but ye are expected to! Ye might drop a few stitches or have to rely on your knitting counter to get through your project but nobody will mind. They will just be happy if you don’t steal their boat or make them walk the plank.
Enjoy the rest of Talk Like A Pirate Day. Ahoy Matey!
Category Accessories, Design/Patterns, Free Patterns, Happenings, Magazines, Plymouth Sales Reps, Plymouth Staff, Yarn, Yarn Shops | Tags: Tags: 24k, encore worsted, eye patch, Galway, goldrush, hand knitting, patterns, pirate, Plymouth Yarn, Rum, talk like a pirate day, Yarn,